“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

9/06/2011

first day of school in Belgium!

Today was my first day of school! I was sooooo nervous but it went very well! In my first class this group of girls automatically took me under their wing! They showed me what classes to go to and invited me to eat lunch with them! It was so great! They were all really funny and tried their best to include me. I was really surprised because I was told that usually you had to go up to people and make conversation and they wouldn't come to you but they did! I had no idea what my teachers were saying most of the time but I understood a bit of what my bio teacher wrote on the board because I've already learned about it. One thing I hate though is that they all write in cursive so it's really difficult to read because in the states no one really uses cursive. I'm taking math, french, english, bio, chemistry, physics, geography, history, religion and I think that's it. I do love how short the classes are because I'm used to two hour classes and they take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment