“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

9/18/2011

School is great. I'm making a lot of friends. I don't understand what the teachers say but that's okay. 

A girl told me that everyone knows I'm the american and some ways that makes me feel really cool but then I feel so much pressure cause everyone's is always looking at me.

I've been invited to hang out after school with some girls and then another group of people invited me to go to the Fête de Wallonie which was so amazing and I had the best time ever.

French is still hard but I'm improving. I had my first dream in french and I understood most of it. :)

Belgium amazes me. My life amazes me. I amaze myself on how I'm doing this all without crumbling. 

Some days are amazing and some days I just want to scream but I just take things day by day.

As my host mom says "petit à petit"

No comments:

Post a Comment