“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

8/20/2011

first week in Belgium!

First, I'm sorry I suck at blogging.

Second, I love Belgium.

In my first week, I have been to Waterloo, which was really cool and the view was beautiful. I have shopped in Charleroi with two new friends which was really fun, even though we spoke a different language we were able to laugh about normal girl stuff and it made me feel like I could really belong in Belgium. I have learnt a lot of french. My host family is super nice :) I have had Belgian beer and other belgian specialties; the food is really good here. (i have yet to have a waffle which makes me sad haha) It's getting less and less awkward at home and I am adapting. At the end of each day, my brain is dead from trying to keep up with everyone and trying to understand french. It's difficult but my host brother said I have improved since I arrived last Saturday which makes me really happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment