“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

8/28/2011

second week update!

Bonjour everyone! Well, as of yesterday I've been in Belgium for two weeks. It seriously doesn't feel like that long but it was. Exchange is already going by way too fast. SLOW DOWN.

Understanding french is getting easier easier every day. It's still really hard though. My speaking still sucks.






So what have I've done this past week? I went bowling with some Belgian friends which was a lot of fun. I have watched my host brother sail. I have been around Charleroi some more. I went to this really old Abbey with my host grandma and it was so interesting. I went to my first Belgian party which was SO MUCH FUN. Then, I went to Brussels on thursday and met up with the 200 something exchange students in Belgium and went to the Palais Royal, Parliament and the Grand Place. All really cool. The real fun part was getting to speak English with everybody haha. Since everybody has not really been able to tell everyone who they've been feeling and they haven't been able to talk a lot pretty much everyone was talking a lot a lot. I know I was haha. All the other exchangers are really great and I'm so stoked for all the cool things we're going to get to do. Then, I went to musée de la photographie with my host brother which has some really cool pictures. Apparently it's really known around Europe and it's like 10 minutes away from me. I'm looking forward to this week a lot because I get to go to Brugge with some other exchangers!


No comments:

Post a Comment